From the producer, writer, and director of the Tony Award®-winning Broadway production, All The Way, comes a thrilling new play about the LBJ legacy: THE GREAT SOCIETY. This striking production features a brilliant cast portraying over fifty characters, including Emmy® and Olivier Award winner Brian Cox (“Succession,” King Lear with the Royal Shakespeare Company) as LBJ, introducing Grantham Coleman (Much Ado About Nothing at The Public) as Martin Luther King Jr., Emmy winner and Tony nominee Gordon Clapp (Glengarry Glen Ross) as J. Edgar Hoover, Tony nominee Marc Kudisch (“Billions,” A Minister’s Wife at LCT) as Richard J. Daley, Tony nominee Bryce Pinkham (A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder) as Robert F. Kennedy, Tony winner Frank Wood (Side Man) as Everett Dirksen, and Tony nominee Richard Thomas (The Little Foxes) as Hubert Humphrey.
Capturing Johnson’s passionate and aggressive attempts to build a just society for all, THE GREAT SOCIETY follows his epic triumph in a landslide election to the agonizing decision not to run for re-election just three years later. It was an era that would define history forever: the rise of the Civil Rights Movement, the deaths of Martin Luther King Jr. and Robert F. Kennedy, the escalation of the Vietnam War, and the creation of some of the greatest social programs America has ever known—and one man was at the center of it all: LBJ.
Now in Previews! Vivian Beaumont Theater
Choose a Performance
- Brian Cox, Lyndon B. Johnson
- Richard Thomas, Hubert Humphrey
- Grantham Coleman, Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Marc Kudisch, Richard J. Daley
- Bryce Pinkham, Senator Robert F. Kennedy
- Frank Wood, Everett Dirksen
- Gordon Clapp, J. Edgar Hoover
- Marchánt Davis, Stokely Carmichael
- Brian Dykstra, Adam Walinsky
- Barbara Garrick, Ladybird Johnson
- David Garrison, Richard Nixon
- Ty Jones, Reverend Ralph Abernathy
- Christopher Livingston, James Bevel
- Angela Pierce, Pat Nixon
- Matthew Rauch, Robert McNamara
- Nikkole Salter, Coretta Scott King
- Tramell Tillman, Bob Moses
- Ted Deasy, Ensemble
- Robyn Kerr, Ensemble