Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc. (“LCPA” or “we”) is committed to protecting the information that you share with us, and explaining how we collect, process, and share that information.
Scope and information that this Online Privacy Statement covers
This Online Privacy Statement (this “Privacy Statement”) applies to Personal Information (defined below) collected on our websites, mobile applications, or cloud-based services and communication platforms with a link to this Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Site”). It covers how we collect, use, share, and otherwise process Personal Information as of the date that this Privacy Statement is posted. It does not apply to any other information collected by LCPA through any other means. By “Personal Information,” we mean information that identifies or can reasonably identify you personally.
1. Information We May Collect About You
For public areas of our Site, we generally collect and process only Personal Information you voluntarily provide to us. We don't require you to give us Personal Information to access certain public areas of our Site. This is true unless you live in a country that defines Personal Information to include network identifiers like your Internet Protocol addresses. For some secure areas of our Site, however, we require you to provide Personal Information, including your login credentials. We also collect your Personal Information on the Site to perform services on our Site, enhance the services we offer you, maintain and improve the Site, protect the security of you and our Site, comply with legal obligations, and inform you about other services and products that may be available through us, our affiliated companies, our co-marketers, and other organizations and companies with which we collaborate.
If you choose not to provide us with the Personal Information that we legitimately require, we may be unable to provide you with the information or services you have requested. Public areas of our Site ask for Personal Information from you when you engage in the following activities:
1. Sign up for newsletters or information about programs and services, events, and/or opportunities provided by us, our affiliated companies, our co-marketers, and other organizations and companies with which we collaborate;
2. Register for an account on our Site;
3. Purchase tickets or register for an event;
4. Enter a sweepstakes or contest or register for a promotion;
5. Interact with us or our programs or services through social networks;
6. Respond to surveys or submit comments, reviews, forms or other user-generated content;
7. Apply for a job;
8. Donate on our Site; and
9. Request customer or technical support.
Personal Information includes:
2. Postal or billing address;
3. E-mail address;
4. Telephone or mobile number;
5. Payment card information;
6. Location via IP address;
7. Device being used (for our mobile site);
8. Previous history with our Site; and
9. Other relevant data.
Even if you do not send us any Personal Information, we collect certain non-Personal Information about how you use our Site. This non-Personal Information cannot reasonably identify you, and is used for statistical and legitimate business purposes.
2. Information Collected Through Technology
We may also obtain information in other ways through technology. Some of this information may be linked to you personally. We process this information to help our Site function correctly and better understand the needs of our customers.
Device Information. Depending on the permissions you’ve granted and other factors, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device when you download or use apps created by our Site, including a unique identifier for your device. Examples of the device information we may collect include:
• Attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers.
• Certain device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals, are gathered if you enabled the functionality within our product configuration.
• Connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
• Gathering of IP address is used for our enhanced security.
3. Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
Information is also obtained in other ways through technology we deploy. Some of this information may be linked to you personally. In accordance with applicable law, we use and allow third parties to use essential and non-essential cookies, online tracking tools, web beacons, and similar technologies (collectively, “cookies”) on our Site. We process this information to help our Site function correctly and better understand the needs of our customers.
Cookies on our Site generally fall into the following categories:
• Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas. These cookies are session cookies, which are erased when you close your browser.
• Analytical/Performance Cookies: These allow us to recognize and count the number of users of our Site and see how those users navigate through our Site. This helps to improve how our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily. These cookies are session cookies, which are erased when you close your browser.
• Functional Cookies: These improve the functional performance of our Site and make it easier for you to use. For example, cookies are used to remember that you have previously visited the Site and asked to remain logged into it. These cookies are session cookies, which are erased when you close your browser.
We also use certain information to identify new visitors to our Site, recognize returning visitors, advertise on other websites and mobile applications not affiliated with us, analyze the effectiveness of our advertisements, marketing, or promotions, better understand our audience, customers, or other Site visitors, and determine whether you might be interested in new products or services.
Controlling Our Tracking Tools. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so, however, depends on your browser and the type of cookie. Certain browsers or browser plugins can be set to reject all browser cookies. If you configure your computer to block all cookies, you may disrupt certain web page features, and limit the functionality we can provide when you visit or use our Site. (e.g., we will not be able to provide you with searches that you have asked us to save). You can change your cookie settings at any time.
Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These browser features are still not uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
4. How We Use and Share Personal Information
Except as set forth in this Privacy Statement, we do not share your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their own direct marketing purposes unless you otherwise consent to such sharing. We will not sell your individual Personal Information. Whatever the purpose may be – whether we share with service providers or other external entities – we only process and share your Personal Information to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfill your requests and meet our business and legal objectives. We may also use what we know about you to potentially offer you other products and services in the future. We may combine your online information with information collected from offline or online sources, or information we already have for purposes including, without limitation, to better tailor and personalize our offerings and our communications with you. We may also use and disclose certain Personal Information to our affiliated companies and others for any purpose allowed by law.
Supporter Information. From time to time, we exchange or share our donor, audience member, and visitor names (“Supporters”) and mailing addresses with other non-profit organizations to maintain an active Supporter list to support our mission. We may provide aggregated data to these and other organizations for their own marketing and fundraising purposes. LCPA may also share our Supporter lists, including your Personal Information, with, among other non-profit organizations: Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center; Film at Lincoln Center; Jazz at Lincoln Center; Lincoln Center Theater; New York City Ballet; New York Philharmonic; The New York Public Library for the Performing Arts; Juilliard; The Metropolitan Opera; The School of American Ballet at Lincoln Center; and other similar entities. We have found this to be a cost-effective method of reaching additional potential Supporters. As a Supporter, you may at any time ask us not to share your information with other non-profit organizations. To make this type of request, please send a request using our Online Form or use the contact options below.
Activities. We generally process and may disclose your Personal Information to others to:
• Send you communications about programs and services, events, opportunities, a program, concert, or other event, ads and promotions, electronic newsletters, or other notices you requested or offers tailored to you;
• Process event and ticket registrations and fulfill other requests for products and services;
• Process donations and other purchases at your request;
• Verify your identity or other fraud prevention measures and reporting obligations;
• Respond to your questions, complaints, or reviews of our services;
• Comply with applicable law, obey judicial orders, cooperate with law enforcement authorities, or prevent any suspected illegal activities;
• Help us run our business; or
• For any other everyday business purposes, such as product development and Site administration.
Third-Party Events. When you make a purchase or register on our Site for an event produced by a third party, we may provide the third party with your information, including your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address, as well as details about your purchase, for their direct-marketing purposes.
Authorized Service Providers. We use other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf and to help us improve our products and services. Those functions may include payment card processing, analyzing or hosting data on cloud-based servers, website support and design, customer research, management of customer databases, and analyzing Personal Information for marketing purposes, so that we can provide you with more relevant and useful information, such as information about special offers, fundraising opportunities, or new services or events that may be of interest to you. We may disclose certain Personal Information to these companies and other individuals performing services in the United States or other locations where we conduct business.
Contest Sponsors. We may occasionally present a special contest, sweepstake or other promotion on the Site, and the promotion may be sponsored by a third party. To qualify for entry, we may ask you to provide Personal Information. If we plan to share the Personal Information we request from you with the promotion’s sponsor, we will notify you at the point at which the information is collected, such as in the promotion’s official rules.
The security and confidentiality of your Personal Information matters to us. That’s why we have taken commercially reasonable steps to put technical, administrative, and physical controls in place to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. For example, we provide the option to encrypt all information you submit to us using Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) technology that helps protect information during transport to our Site. We also review our security procedures periodically to consider appropriate new technology and updated methods. Even so, despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable.
6. Data Retention
Depending on the product or service, we will retain your Personal Information for as long as we reasonably require it for legal or business purposes.
7. How You Can Update Your Personal Information, File a Complaint, Ask Us Questions, or Send Us Comments About This Privacy Statement
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement or wish to correct or update your Personal Information, or unsubscribe from any updates you have requested, write to customer service using the following contact details. We will investigate your complaint, and use reasonable efforts to respond to you as soon as possible.
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc.
Guest Experience Department
70 Lincoln Center Plaza
New York, NY 10023
E-mail: [email protected]
You may also find contact details here: http://www.aboutlincolncenter.org/contact-us/online
8. Cross-Border Data Transfer
LCPA is based in the United States of America. If you are located in a jurisdiction outside of the United States, or a territory of the United States, these data protection laws may not be considered to provide an adequate level of protection under your local data protection laws. If you are a visitor to this Site and prefer not to have your Personal Information transferred to the United States, or one of its territories, do not use this Site. Otherwise, by using this Site or providing any information, you consent to the transfer of Personal Information to the United States and other destinations outside your home country.
This Site is not generally intended or directed to individuals under the age of 16, except for certain situations involving special programs, including those promoting the arts and music educational activities, with parental consent and/or involvement. Although we may, at times, allow certain minors to participate in virtual educational activities and programs, and always with parental consent and involvement, those interactions are limited, and do not collect more information than is necessary to enable youth to participate in these activities. If you believe we have impermissibly collected Personal Information from someone under the age of 16, please contact us as detailed below.
We may amend this Privacy Statement at any time. If we make any material change in how we collect, use, disclose, or otherwise process Personal Information, we will prominently post an updated Privacy Statement on our Site. Any material changes to this Privacy Statement will be effective 10 days after our posting of the updated Privacy Statement or as otherwise required by applicable law. Where required to do so by law, we will seek your prior consent to any material changes we make to this Privacy Statement.
Last updated March 21, 2022